Monday, June 24, 2019

Henry is ONE

Oh sweet Henry, how I prayed for you. I prayed for you from the moment we knew you were growing inside of me. We prayed for a long healthy pregnancy. We started doctor appointments immediately and came up wth a medical plan to try and prevent early labor. But the countless doctor appointments, medicines, and shots couldn’t alter what the Lord intended. You came early in to this world like a champ and we watched you fight to survive and defy odds most days you were here. I pleaded with God to allow me to be your mommy on earth, if only for a little while longer. I pleaded with God to shield me from this pain again...but after 7 days I had to say goodbye. This past year has been hard without you here, very hard. Although I had experienced this loss with your sister, the oh so familiar pain was unbearable at times. 

So sweet boy, while I struggled all night to sleep and even more so to put some words together to honor you, I can’t help but be filled with gratitude.

I am grateful for my week. 

I am grateful to have gotten to hold you. 

I am grateful to have been able to change your diaper and kiss your sweet feet. 

I am grateful to have been able to sing to you.

And as much as my heart ached, I am grateful that I was able to rock you to Jesus. 


I am grateful to have had a week with you even if it meant losing you. You will always be my little boy...happy 1st birthday Henry! I love you sweet boy! My mama heart just knows you and Berkley are playing and dancing with Jesus. 

See you soon, 

Mama





No comments:

Post a Comment