Tuesday, June 27, 2017

My sweet encouraging husband--just a snap shot

Exodus 3:14 14 "And God said unto Moses, I Am That I Am"

My sweet David reminded me of this verse yesterday. It was one of those self loathing, pitiful Lauren, cried all day kind of Sundays. I spend most of the afternoon in tears over what "I am" or "am not". David reminded me of just how much power these two words carry. He said "there is a reason God said 'I AM'." And he is so right. Changing how we think can impact our mood so much more than we realize. If we claim it, we can sometimes end up becoming it...that's a dangerous slope of negative self talk that will spiral you into a depression real quick. 
He asked me to list 5 things I'm grateful for and to say it in sentence form...
"I am grateful for______, because_____".
After reluctantly doing this activity I instantly started feeling better. (I was also very grateful that we were having this moment)

I am sooo thankful he was so supportive, loving and understanding yesterday because I was a hot mess for sure! His words of encouragement and biblical truth helped me so much in my yucky day. 

I AM thankful for you, David Simpson!

And for those of you who don't know that side of him, don't lose hope the idiot David still exists....He also made me stand up and pose like Wonder Woman for a whole minute in an attempt to brighten my smile...😂😂😂

No comments:

Post a Comment