Monday, July 9, 2018

I’m holding on to Faith, but barely breathing

This is not a pretty post. There is no uplifting ending where my faith has gotten me through the trenches....nope, won’t find that here, not yet anyway. 
I’ve had 3 babies in less than 6 years. I have sacrificed my body and heart for my babies. I have prayed over all 3 babies in NICU yet I only hold one at home. I have given all 3 over to God in hopes that His will would look something like mine...yet here I am again. Grieving. Barely breathing. With a heavy heart and empty arms. Once again I am trying to come to terms with why I can’t carry a baby full term. Once again I am spending my days and nights reminding myself that Gods plan isn’t ours. That His plan is better than mine. That His plan will reveal in time and until them I have to rely on my faith. 
It’s been a week now since we held our Henry. It’s been a week since we rocked him into Jesus arms. So right now, I am not in the best of places. I’m angry. I’m hurt. I’m confused. I’m lonely. My insides feel empty. I am mad at myself. I am mad at the situation. My mind doesn’t stop thinking about the whys and what ifs. I know that eventually I will get in a better place but now, now I’m not there. The real Lauren wants answers. The real Lauren wants to have a house full of babies and is bitter that she can’t. Now, don’t get me wrong, I know I’ll be okay. I know that God will carry me...He did it before and I know He is right now. I don’t doubt His goodness or His plan...I just don’t understand it yet. I know, I don’t have to understand to have faith so you have to understand that this is not a lack of faith. It’s a case of my desires not matching His will.
While I was on bed rest I said these words...
“It’s not that I don’t have the faith that God can keep me pregnant and protect my Henry. It’s that I don’t know that He will.” That is what I was most scared of, that my desires would not match His will. And here I am, and they don’t. I prayed they would because I was most scared of the darkness of grief. I barely survived it with Berkley and it took me years to get back to myself...I didn’t want to walk that dark road again. But here I am...barely breathing and dragging my feet.

I stink at not being okay and the fact that I have no inspiration at the end of this post is so not like me, but this grief stuff, this mucky darkness...it’s got a hold of me and I have zero inspirational “God will carry me” super spiritual things to say. I do know eventually I will see the good and His plan will make more sense but right now, right now I’m barely breathing. 

5 comments:

  1. I love you and like you my heart and mind will not understand....

    ReplyDelete
  2. My heart literally breaks for you! I dont even have any words other than I'm so so sorry. I too have a grieving heart for a baby I've never even had, so I cant even begin to imagine your pain! I love you and will always have a listening ear or a shoulder to cry on. Always in my prayers and always in my heart girl. I'm so very sorry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren Padgett Simpson, You have every right to feel
    As you feel. You are a Beautiful Mother . You’ve done everything you could to fill your home with Babies. You are a strong woman who has been through more than most people in a lifetime . Stay strong ! Hurt when you hurt, cry when you need to cry, “breathe in and out and put one foot in front of the other”. My Heart aches for you all. I’m just so Sorry and Sad with you . Your Grief is yours . There is no time limit , it’s Your Time. “The Lord is Near to the Broken Hearted and Saves those who are Crushed in Spirit”. Prayers, Lot of Love and Hugs my Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren you are a wonderful person, your heart is pure and God will bless you. Just remember that He will hold your heart during this time. You need to cry, let your anger out, ask Him to give you His peace beyond understanding. Nothing anyone can say or do at this point in time will not relieve your pain and heartbreak, no matter how many years go by you will always remember this time, my prayer is that you grow through this and become a more perfect "Child of God".. I love you girl always have and even tho I am not there my heart is lifting you up to our Father constantly.
    Janis Hardin Brollini

    ReplyDelete