Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Tangled

Tangled:

existing in or giving the appearance of a state of utter disorder

AND/OR

existing in or giving the appearance of a state of utter disorder


I stare at this beautiful head of hair everyday, usually a tangled mess, and cross my fingers that she can stay distracted long enough for me to comb it. Every hair is wound around the other. Some are straight, some curly, some brown, some blonde. Each group of strands hold a unique knot with a different texture that I have to conquer in order to get it fully combed out. Utter Disorder at its finest. It’s exhausting and is accompanied by the most dramatic 3 year old cries you have ever heard. I’m not sure where she gets all her drama, y’all. Needless to say, there is a lot of chaos leading up to her gorgeous curls..

I sometimes feel like tangled is the best way to describe our emotions and how we carry them in our walk with Jesus. Utter Disorder. No matter what phase of life I’m in, I have always struggled with my tangled emotions. Am I hearing God speak or am I running on emotions/feelings? It’s hard to discern especially when our emotions are high. I don’t have the answer on discernment or some “how to” on listening for God. What I do know is that we are shown through the Bible God untangling the worst of circumstances and using them for His will. So just like the chaos that unfolds to untangle Sadie’s hair, it sometimes takes chaos to untangle emotions and hear what God is trying tell us. Maybe sometimes when we feel life is taking us on a detour, He is just “distracting” us long enough to allow our emotions to untangle and reveal the beauty behind the chaos. Maybe it isn’t utter disorder at all, maybe it’s disguised blessings. I truly don’t believe we will know this side of Heaven. What I do know is I am thankful that through all the tears and distractions, there is a beautiful ending and thankfully there is beauty in the becoming as we allow Jesus to comb through our tangles...






No comments:

Post a Comment