Saturday, November 16, 2019

No Shame in my game!

Sitting at the Walmart at 8am getting my groceries loaded, in a robe and holding my coffee. I don’t even know the last time I washed my hair. I’m fairly certain that Sadie isn’t wearing socks and no ones teeth have been brushed today. As a recovering perfectionist, this is hard for me but quite honestly this has been an emotionally draining week and I just don’t have the energy for much else. Through the process, I am working on not shaming myself for my “less than” moments. I will always have less than moments and shaming myself is wasted energy. And who is really judging us ladies on these “goals” or un-achievable perfections, anyway?? Like who is “they”?? 

My list for the day...
No shame for doing grocery pick up and not helping her load them.
No shame for having dirty baseboards.
No shame for having a sink full of dishes.
No shame for piles of laundry.
No shame for not giving your child a bath every night.
No shame in having a bad “mom moment”.
No shame for dirty hair and dry shampoo.
No shame for rocking yesterdays eye make up.
No shame for letting your child stare at a screen for a minute so you can breathe.
No shame if we don’t do educational shows.
No shame If we don’t practice sight words at 4. 
No shame in not making it to the gym.
No shame if your kid isn’t coloring in the lines.
No shame in not being a perfect bible study girl. 
No shame in not being the perfect wife.

If I want to be the best wife, mom, friend, daughter, sister, Christian, employee, etc....I simply do not have time to shame myself about what I just don’t have time or energy to accomplish. Things will never be perfect and that’s why I trust in a perfect God. 

God has entrusted me with a husband, child, home, job, and other responsibilities that He is completely capable of helping me accomplish and It is only through Him that I can handle all of this life. Love what He has entrusted you with as hard as you can and you’ll have no time to shame yourself. 

#noshameinmygame #Heisperfect 
#IamlessthanHeisnot #walkingshameless
#recoveringperfectionist






No comments:

Post a Comment