Wednesday, January 6, 2021

ELEVEN

Today I completed my ELEVENTH radiation treatment! I am 1/3 of the way there y’all!! 
This is a picture of a card I scan to open the door to the radiation rooms. It’s basically an ID that says “you are battling cancer and everything kinda stinks so scan this card to unlock the door and treat yo self”. It isn’t a big deal at all, y’all know I’m dramatic, but I really don’t like having my name tied to something so terrible...and now I have an ID for it. Blah, I hate it. 😖

While I am so ready to finish the journey, I am also mindful of the lessons and depth of grace I am receiving from Jesus while I’m on it.
Sometimes it feels like the pit they threw Joseph in...trapped in a world I don’t recognize with no way out and an ID for a disease no one wants.
But it’s on those days that I reflect back to Mary Magdalene...sobbing at the empty tomb looking for Jesus, asking where He had been taken but not realizing she was talking to Jesus. Then He turned to her and said “Mary”...and she fell to His feet in worship. If I ever feel like I’m in the pit, crying out, looking up for Jesus amid all the things that cancer brings, I wrestle until I hear “Lauren”. 
And y’all, I always hear Lauren. 
Grace.
He is so good. 

#Heknowsmyname #myIDiswithChrist 



No comments:

Post a Comment