Saturday, April 16, 2016

March of Dimes 2016!

I was asked by a reporter today what March of Dimes meant to me....I was kind of taken off guard because it was my first time at a March of Dimes event. I didn't know what to expect or how emotional it would have been to me. Reflecting back on today.....

I walk because the medical research that March of Dimes funds gives babies who are born too soon a chance at life. I walk for all the mommies out there that can't carry full term and know their future will involve NICU life. I walk for all the parents who walk the NICU Journey now and past. I walk because I know that without the medical advances and technology that March of Dimes funds, I wouldn't have an 8 month old SadieFrass. I walk because no one should walk alone, especially not tiny fighting babies! This was my first experience with March of Dimes and it was an amazing day! I hope to have a team next year and really help support this foundation! Awesome day to walk with other preemies, reunite with the NICU nurses that we love so much and pray for the babies that are currently fighting! NICU life isn't easy, no matter how "stable" your baby is. Leaving your baby at night is painful but knowing you are leaving them with loving caring nurses is very reassuring for the worried mamas and daddy's! I am so thankful for all the NICU nurses and doctors that helped get Sadie ready to come home! 




No comments:

Post a Comment