Wednesday, October 21, 2020

October — All the awareness

October is pregnancy/infant loss month as well as breast cancer awareness month. This year I find myself in a season of both. A season of battling breast cancer while also carrying a rainbow baby. #breastcancerandpregnant 

I think about our two so often and how they would be as siblings to Sadie here on earth. How would her little personality be different as a “middle child”? I find myself now in a season of thinking about sweet Isaac and how Sadie will be the absolute best big sister to him. As she tells other people, “I’m already a big sister, Henry just had to be with Jesus, ya know?” So while our hearts ache that our two Jesus held babies aren’t here with us, we rejoice knowing that they knew our love! As scary as this season of pregnancy has been, we  rest in knowing God is proving His mighty work and faithfulness in Isaac coming in a few short weeks! 
#BerkleyLane #HenryGlenn 

Breast Cancer. Honestly I have no words...it’s hard. Treatment is hard but the battle of the mind is worse. Doing a self check literally saved my life. It isn’t something I ever made time for. My life had slowed down and I made time to do a self exam. Thank goodness for that and especially for David pushing me to make the phone call. This fight has felt like an eternity, especially with the treatment pause due to our unexpected blessing, but here we are just 3 weeks away from my final chemo treatment! 

God is good, y’all. He is faithful but the trials of this world can leave you feeling empty. No matter how strong your faith is, no matter how much strength you have, there are things that can and will shake you to the core. That is where the goodness of God really shows up! When we are weak, He is our strength. 

This month, we love on mamas who have babies in heaven and we raise awareness for breast cancer. 
Let’s be the hands and feet for those in the trenches, those who survived, those who’ve experienced loss, those who just need a nudge to call a doctor, while also keeping close to heart those who don’t openly share their experiences. I have met so many women, through both experiences, who had never spoken a word about their loss or their hardship fighting breast cancer. The idea of feeling so very alone breaks my heart, so let us also remember those who suffer in silence. 

#checkyourtatas #loveyourbabies




No comments:

Post a Comment