Saturday, March 21, 2020

Cancer. Feb 10th changed it all

It was the Friday before I was supposed to speak at our annual ladies dinner. There were 120 women coming to enjoy dinner at our church and I was the guest speaker. Public speaking is so out of my comfort zone but I was so strongly convicted to share that it didn’t take much prayer to accept what God was clearly telling me to do. What I didn’t know when I accepted the opportunity was that I would be facing a very scary health issue that weekend. This past Friday, I had been sent for a mammogram and ultrasound on a suspicious lump that I found in my breast. The following 3 days felt like an eternity waiting on results. I felt so paralyzed with fear that I barely made it to the ladies event on Saturday night. Every worse case scenario played out in my head over and over. I am in total awe of the way God calmed my nerves, provided me with words, and to got me through the event. 

It came to pass on Monday afternoon that the words “breast cancer” were given to me. Thankfully we have caught it very early. Stage 1 Ductal Carcinoma. We have met with a great team of medical professionals that are devising the best treatment plan for me. 

I am completely shaken to the core. 
I feel like I’ve been punched in the gut. 
Trust me, I have asked all the “whys”, I have cried giant tears, and have battled some crazy moments of doubt over the last week. 

But I am certain that the Lord will walk every step with me.  I have already seen His provision with each appointment, lab work, and testing. I have seen God line up my path with people to help encourage me and help us make the best decision possible for my health. I am truly grateful for all the outpouring of love and support I have already received. 

God.is.Good.

No comments:

Post a Comment