Saturday, March 21, 2020

March 2nd

Last Wednesday we received pathology from the lymph nodes they removed during my lumpectomy. Unfortunately they found a few cancer spots in 3 of the 6 nodes that they removed. My anxiety, doubt, fear, all of it, absolutely crippled me. Truthfully I have felt more doubt in the last month than I have in any circumstance I’ve ever walked. I am used to one time events but a cancer journey including chemotherapy...shew, I have had no words or energy to even process. That’s why I didn’t share it on social media, I was shaken. 
Of course I prayed, sometimes with no words. Of course I believed, but I was so scared. 
It was hard news to take. It shook more than when I got the cancer diagnosis. The idea that it could have spread to other parts of my body was terrifying. Today I had a bone scan and a CT of chest, abdomen and pelvis. It was a long day of waiting and scans but my sweet David stayed with me all day. 😘 I have an appointment this Wednesday where we were going to discuss the results but y’all...My precious doctor called me at almost 5 o’clock to let me know that there were no signs of cancer found! We also received news from the genetic test and they were also negative! 

All.scans.were.negative. 
All.scans.were.negative. 

PRAISE.THE.LORD. 🙌🏼

I will proceed with chemo and radiation in a  few weeks once my incisions heal. So although that journey still lies ahead, today we celebrate! 

Y’all...tell me He won’t do it! 🙌🏼 ✝️❣️

#NotmyplanbutHis #Hardjourney




No comments:

Post a Comment