Tuesday, August 25, 2020

God is still good

It’s hard to believe in the midst of a trial that grace will come. When something so real, so in your face, is glaring back at you day in and day out with no end in sight, it seems impossible to believe any good could come from the pain. Choosing to believe that good is coming, that the goodness of God doesn’t depend on our circumstances, is imperative to recovering and moving through the trial we are in. We must remember that even when it is hard, His strength is all we need. 

I know I’ve prayed for my trials to end. In fact, in a recent testimony I called it a “period”. I was craving a “period” to my trials and just days later was diagnosed with breast cancer. It seems my trials aren’t over and while they frustrate me to no end, while I complain, cry, weep over missing out on things, and even beg God to end all the pain, I know that these trials are a divine appointment. I am grateful that God entrusted me with such a large assignment, but most days I fail to thank God and actually beg for the assignment to be taken away. On the hardest days, I cling to things I know to be true and remain thankful that the goodness of God doesn’t depend on me.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” Isaiah‬ ‭41:10‬ ‭

“The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.” Psalms‬ ‭29:11‬ 

“May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭15:13‬ ‭NIV‬‬

If we choose to believe God is good at being God, then we can also choose to believe that no matter the circumstance we’re in, it is a divine appointment by God himself. And a divine appointment is one that only God’s goodness can flow. 

I love this Spurgeon quote...





No comments:

Post a Comment