Thursday, November 5, 2015

Guard Rails..random thoughts


Guard Rails. A metal railing that protects us against danger. They are long in some areas, short in others, and in some areas they aren’t there at all. Are they there to protect us or to give us comfort? Are they there to catch us when we fall or just give us security that if we fall, they’d be there?
I like to think both. In accidents, guard rails are there to catch the car as it slides off the road. In places where we become un-easy and the road is narrow, the guard rail is there to give us security.
It is so comforting that God is so much more than a guard rail. Yes, He provides us with both security and protection, but He is with us all the time. He isn’t just walking with us when the drop off is too far, He is with us through the entire journey. He isn’t guarding our journey with a metal railing, but with His all-powerful, loving, protecting, supernatural right hand. We never have to fear the drop off. We never have to fear it because He has us before we fall. His plan and purpose for our life is so specific and important that He walks with us on a minute by minute basis. We are His children. We are created in HIS image and if we are willing and available to Him, He will use us. He will protect us the entire journey and give us the security and reassurance when we grow weary.
Protection: Psalm 138:7  Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life; you stretch out your hand against the wrath of my enemies, and your right hand delivers me.
Security: Isaiah 41:10  fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

We can rest in His SECURITY that He will PROTECT us every step of the journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment