Thursday, November 5, 2015

Joseph's Story...betrayal and the presence of God


November 2014

Sharing my heart....A couple of weeks ago our Sunday School lesson was on Joseph being betrayed by his brothers. The lesson questioned us on a time we felt like God wasn't present in our lives. I couldn't help but think about some of the scariest months of my life....summer 2012. David was very sick. Close to 30 days total, 3 surgeries, long nights in ICU, lonely days on the floor, scary news, good news...you get the drift. Some days I felt betrayed by God and wondered what His purpose was in it all. Why were we facing such scary health crisis at age 25 and 27??
God revealed something to me while I was studying the story of Joseph's betrayal. Berkley was my earthly Hope during those days. She was the very reason we kept pushing forward to the next day. We had hope in our future as her parents. Giving up wasn't an option because we had a little blessing on the way. There were so many nights we could have lost faith, but we didn't. He never left us. He held us in His arms...all 3 of us. We can't ever lose faith that He is carrying us and has a greater plan...a purpose for the pain. He knew I could draw strength just from the sheer joy of carrying her. I knew He had a purpose for her life....I just realized that it was while I was carrying her, she was also carrying me and giving me Hope to move forward. I love these moments with God. It's in these Intimate times when He reveals pieces of His plan, I get completely overwhelmed by His greatness and all-knowing power.

No comments:

Post a Comment