Thursday, November 5, 2015

The Dash...what does it really mean?


Spent some time at the cemetery today. When I was getting ready to leave I decided to walk around. While looking at all the headstones, I couldn't help but notice the length of peoples lives. It made me reflect on the two days we had with Berkley. As painful as it is to think of all the things I missed out on, I feel a peace knowing that all she knew was love. Her earthly life was nothing more than 60ish hours in a plastic box with bright lights and beeping machines but she knew what it felt like for her mommy kiss all over her, she knew what her daddy’s arms felt like when he held her, and most importantly she felt the cradling arms of Jesus carrying her home. That peace....well it helps to remind me that Gods plan is greater than ours. Its a peace only He can give. I am honored that He chose me to be her mommy. Even though she only had those two days here, I will carry her in my heart forever.

John 14:27
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

No comments:

Post a Comment