Thursday, November 5, 2015

Woah...God moments

Some days you just need reassurance that everything is going to be okay. It's in those times that we can either allow ourselves to wallow or we can embrace the promises of our holy God. I've been in a bit of a pit lately. Just discouraged with typical life struggles, feeling overly emotional...which may or may not have something to do with my hormones, and my anxiety about Sadie has been through the roof! I've spent the better part of today sitting on the beach thinking about every single thing that could possibly go wrong and every way I've failed as a wife, mother, daughter, friend, Christian...the whole beat yourself up, you aren't good enough, you'll never be enough spill that we all go through. My sweet sister reminded me that God tells us we are beautiful and shows us His beauty through so many things. She reminded me that sometimes we allow the devil to get in our heads and it blocks us from seeing His beauty. Thank God for her! Tonight as I sat down after a big meal I began to feel Sadie kick. I mean kicking up a storm...more than she ever has before. David was able to get to me and feel her precious feet thumping me. A little while later we walked outside and the most beautiful sunset appeared.  There was a cloud that looked just like an angel and it looked like she was holding something. I immediately felt a calm....that angel is holding my Berkley. It's amazing how when you allow God to show you His beauty, He really shows up. Reassurance is one thing but signs and sunset wonders from God....

No comments:

Post a Comment