Thursday, November 5, 2015

He is...because HE is


I really dislike the phrase God will never give you more than you can handle. I know it is usually said with good intentions by encouraging friends but it bothers me. Losing Berkley was the hardest thing I have ever faced. It has been almost two years and it's still hard to get up every morning but I do. It's not because I am strong. I am not strong. I get up because i have a God within me who has overcome the world. He is my strength. I am reading a book by Angie Smith called Chasing God and she had this to say: "I chose a casket, a burial plot, a gown for her to wear when she was laid to rest. Every step was a heartbreaking battle, and when well-meaning people insisted I must be strong to have been chosen to carry such a burden, it made me sad that they felt this was true of The Lord. The notion that our Abba Father would dispense injury based on our ability to 'carry it' is injurious to our relationship with Him and casts light wrongly on our human capacity instead of His generous dispensation of grace."

No comments:

Post a Comment