Thursday, November 5, 2015

Sadie is here...it wasn't time. My baby isn't home with me.

I was sitting with my Sadie this morning and I started thinking about our lesson that my sweet sister taught yesterday morning. Praying for boldness, praying to share what Jesus has done in our lives, gaining confidence, getting refueled to share Christ with others. I'm not ashamed to say that I'm struggling with contentment in my story. This is not at all how I wanted my pregnancy to go, this isn't how I envisioned my life but this is my story. My story will never be the perfect family with perfect healthy pregnancies and perfect healthy babies.  Finding contentment in what is real as opposed to how we thought it should be is hard, really really hard. I think as women we struggle to share what Christ has done for us because we are too ashamed to admit the ugly. We are too ashamed to admit that we aren't okay and that we don't have it all together. We have to remember that we are all going through some type of struggle, whether it's a season or something that may cause struggle for a lifetime, it's a struggle. My prayer for us this week is that we can find contentment in our stories, even in the ugly, and share with others how He has worked in our lives. In our brokenness His light can shine, but we have to be content in where we are with the faith that He will carry us through it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment