Thursday, November 5, 2015

Ugly Moments


The bad moment(s) I had today....that doesn't define His love for me. It doesn't define it because Gods love isn't based on me at all. His love is a gift. It's nothing I earned and nothing I can ever repay. It's a love that runs so deep that it covers my sins before I commit them. It's a love that runs so deep that no matter how many times I fail Him, I can crawl back to His mercy and grace. I fail people constantly, letting people down happens on a daily basis for most of us. We all have different standards for what is considered enough and each of our individualized perceptions of this is what leads us to disappointment and un-forgiveness. It's what leads us to harboring anger and bitterness and keeps us from showing the love of Christ to others. Can you imagine if we put aside our preconceived notions of what's enough and loved people the way He loves us? If we could lay aside our disappointment and forgive as easily as He forgives us...what would that look like? I can't even imagine loving some people past their outfit somedays....seriously. But Jesus, Jesus loves me past my dark, ugly, unpublished sin. He loves me no matter how many times I question why or how many times I doubt. He welcomes me into His arms. When I crawl back with my head held low, scrapped knees and a tear stained face, He is there to wrap me in grace. He doesn't forgive with words and then harbor anger in His heart....He fully forgives us. Every single time. His love is an all encompassing, larger than life, deeper than the ocean, grace abounding kind of love that we can wrap ourselves in and take a deep breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment